Student Internship with Panasonic R&D Singaporeposted on 11 May 2022
Students will take up internships to work with cool robots at Panasonic R&D Singapore and receive an internship allowance, based on qualifications. The expected duration is 4 months, starting as soon as possible. If interested, please contact Prof. David Hsu (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Position 1: Advanced robot manipulation technology The work will involve the development of robot manipulation technology, including AI-powered robot arm manipulation, real-time path planning for robot arms, dual arm collaboration, remote control for robot arm manipulation.
- Strong programming skills, particularly, C++ and Python.
- Knowledge in ROS, Gazebo simulation, path planning.
- Knowledge of computer vision, deep learning, 3D and geometry techniques is a plus, but not required.
Position 2: Automatic robotic inspection for construction The work will include the mapping, localization and navigation of autonomous mobile robot for building quality inspection. We will refer to the room layout map for navigation. With the map provided, we will investigate the method to plan the scanning path and optimize it for the inspection tasks to cover whole building area and fulfill the accuracy requirements. During the inspection, in the case with obstacles on the scheduled path, the robot can do local path adjustment to avoid the obstacle while still completing the inspection tasks.
- Strong programming skills, particularly, in Python and C++.
- Knowledge in ROS, Gazebo simulation, MoveIt based path planning.
- Knowledge of geometry processing, computer vision and machine learning techniques is a plus, but not required.
Back to Announcements